The slumping economy has created a job shortage in many areas that have college graduates wondering what they will do. Luckily, there are some career fields that still provide amazing opportunities and show great promise for continued growth. If you are ready to earn your degree and you want to make sure you enter one of the most promising fields, consider earning one of these 5 sizzling hot degrees:
- Computer science – Technology keeps growing and changing at a rapid pace, making the employment chances ripe for those who hold a degree in computer science. In this field, you will apply your creativity and skills to invent and improve technology. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of computer science jobs will grow as much as 19% by the year 2020. Considering that professionals in this field earn an average salary of over $100,000 a year, this is a great choice for a solid future.
- Accounting – Since accountants analyze, interpret, and examine the finances of others, these professionals are in an even higher demand when the economy is in trouble. In order to work as an accountant, you need at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting and must pass the Certified Public Accountant examination. The BLS expects the field of accounting to experience around 16% growth in the next decade. The average annual salary of accountants is just over $60,000 each year.
- Finance – The field of finance is expected to grow by almost 30% in the next 10 years and offers a wide variety of opportunities. Professionals in this field earn an average salary of around $75,000 annually and work with investments, credit, and other financial transactions.
- Engineering – Engineering offers something for nearly everyone. Whether you choose to enter chemical, aerospace, civil, mechanical, electrical, or another field of engineering, you can be assured that you will have plenty of employment opportunities. Currently, biomedical engineering is the fastest growing area of engineering, with an expected growth of 62% in the next decade. Engineering salaries vary greatly by field but average between $80,000 and $100,000 a year.
- Business administration – This degree will prepare you to take a variety of leadership roles in the world of business. If your goal is to work in upper level management, you will need a graduate degree for the best opportunities. Nearly all areas of business administration are predicted to grow over coming years, offering salaries that can easily top $100,000 a year.
If you are looking for a career that will provide you with amazing job opportunities and an excellent salary, these hot degree options will provide you with everything you need. Luckily, these degrees can be earned online through many of the top accredited colleges and universities, making them attainable for everyone.